Friday, October 7, 2011

Quarter Life

Madeline,
I cannot believe that you are three months old today and pretty much a year since you came into existence. It seems like only yesterday Daddy and I learned that I was pregnant with you. How can the time have gone by so quickly. Already I have forgotten so much of what it was like to have you inside of me and those first weeks of life. Although I cannot remember everything and by the time you ask me about it I will remember even less just know that I LOVED every second of having you around. From that very first moment through today and beyond this has been by far the best experience of my life.I would never trade in a moment of it and my only wish is that every moment could be longer so I could savor the wonderfulness of you my girl. Over these past three months since you have been born you have changed in so may wonderful ways. Ways in which I am sad to see that prior behavior end but so excited for what is around each corner of your development. I know that this feeling of sadness for a time lost and excitement for what the future holds will be a feeling I will get to know quite a lot for the rest of your life. For parenthood has made me understand the feeling of bittersweet. With each new amazing first also comes a last. With each new milestone and development you become more and more independent; something that I love to watch but at the same time am just a little bit saddened by. Don't worry though Madeline I will never try to stop you from spreading your winds and learning how to best navigate your world.
When I was pregnant with you I was shopping in a store and came across a wooden plaque with this saying on it. When I read it I felt it perfectly captured how I felt about becoming a parent and I often re-read it as the words ring truer and truer each time I read.
" You are the poem I dreamed of writing, the masterpiece I longed to paint. You are the shining star I reach for in my ever hopeful quest for a life fullfilled. You are my child. Now with all things I am blessed."
Madeline know that each moment I have with you is a blessing.
I love you higher than the skies and deeper than the seas.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment